To understand the Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid©, it is a necessity to understand the Energy SMART Grid. The Energy SMART Grid can be described as a developing network of new technologies, equipment, and controls working together to respond immediately to our 21st century demand for electricity (energy) between utility companies and their customer-macro and micro networks.
The Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid©
The Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© is a Grid Construct that’s designed to facilitate and distribute a logical two-way intelligence network between the strategic level and operational level of a business or organization. Similar to the Energy SMART Grid, the Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© represents a methodology to transition legacy mindsets and business processes into a new era of reliability, availability, and efficiency through the interaction of multiple elements (new technologies, equipment, and controls) working together in a system to produce an effect greater than the sum of individual effects (synergy). To create synergy is no different than creating energy, it requires more than a concept and a strategy. It requires a transformation-alignment framework that provides the necessary cross-functional alignment, intelligence, best practices, and tools to integrate humans with technology assets to respond immediately
to your 21st Century demands.
To establish an appreciation for this new transformation & alignment methodology, lets address two facts:
- That we are in the second decade of the Information Age or commonly known as the Digital Age.
- The Information Age has allowed rapid global communications and networking to shape modern society and bring about a fast evolution of technology in business industries.
This digital transformation is affecting businesses and other industry sectors such as government, medicine, engineering, etc. due to the absence of adjustments. Research has discovered that only one-third of companies globally have an effective digital transformation-alignment program in place to make adjustments. It is for this reason that we are introducing the Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid©.
To consider the Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© requires a response to the following question, “Why should we invest in the Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© for our organization?” The answer to this question should be considered from two perspectives – first, the cost of status quo of doing business-as-usual approach, and second, considering the potential opportunities that the Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© can provide. Some of the issues associated with business-as-usual in the Digital Age include:
- Unclear alignment of your business strategy with organizational capacity
- Vague understanding of the gap that exist between your organizational structure and the 21st Century business market
- Limited application of transformation solutions to impact diverse business needs
- Simply reorganizing organizational resources rather than achieving true transformation alignment
- Failure to transform existing process flows and their objectives
- Failure to prioritize the factors that need to be transformed
- Over estimating the goals of transformation in the excitement of making change
- 21st Century Strategic requirements to legacy operational processes fit problems
- Failure to observe the necessary requirement for management alignment between different departments and processes
- Failure to set Strategic, Market, Alignment, Resources, and Technology/Training (S.M.A.R.T.) goals linked to transformation
In today’s fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environments, many businesses recognize the significance of timely adjustments. Even fewer are agile enough to reap the potential benefits of timely adjustment. Those who do not adapt in time face the very real possibility of failure. The Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© provides a methodology to take you from where you are today to where you want to be in the future. It applies S.M.A.R.T. techniques of transformation planning that aligns people and processes to technology through the adaptation of a new mindset to deliver progressive solutions. The Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© offers the following benefits:
- Reduced handoffs
- Accelerated decision making
- Improved transactional throughput
- Reduced process cycle times
- Streamlined cost structure
- Better aligned skills
- Lowered process maintenance efforts
- Increased organizational resource capacity
The Business S.M.A.R.T. Grid© strives to achieve four objectives:
Strategic Fit – To ensure internal consistency of activities are aligned to customer and financial outcomes.
Business Process Logic and Alignment – To generate synergy through synchronization of various parts of an organization.
Planning and Control Systems Alignment – To link the strategy with management systems for planning, operations and control.
Human Capital Alignment – To align human capital goals, training, and incentives to the transformation strategy by converting them into “alignment enablers.”
The Digital Age with its continued technology improvements and expansion is increasing pressure on businesses and organizations to transform and become cross-divisional (synergistic) for continued success.
Genesis Concepts & Consultants will partner with your business or organization to:
Genesis Concepts & Consultants delivers proven experience in transformation planning and alignment consulting services. Contact us today for additional information.